Department of Public Service
Public Service Director
Steven Pilcher was appointed as Director of Public Service effective June 2, 2008. A Village employee since 1990, Mr. Pilcher previously served as Foreman in the Department of Public Service. He holds a Class I Water Operators License, Class II Waste Water Collections License, and oversees the employees in the Department. If you have any questions or suggestions on how to improve services or if you or your organization is interested in volunteering for a community project, please feel free to contact Mr. Pilcher during normal business hours at Village Hall at 419-877-5383 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of Public Service is responsible for streets, water, sewer, sanitation, recycling, maintenance and our Village parks. Seven dedicated full time employees and one part time seasonal employee provide services to the residents under Mr. Pilcher’s supervision. These men have made a commitment to put the residents needs first and strive to give them the highest level of service available in northwest Ohio.
The Village of Whitehouse employees a total of eight (8) individuals in the Department of Public Service. This group of dedicated employees strive to provide the best service possible to our residents. They report to the Service Maintenance Garage located at 11269 Waterville Street, where the vehicles and equipment are stored.
Can you dig it? Check out: http://www.oups.org/
- Always contact O.U.P.S. before you dig
- Wait 48 hours
- Respect the markings
- Dig with care
The mission of the Village of Whitehouse Department of Public Works is to provide outstanding service to the citizens and improvement to the community in a professional and efficient manner.
In order to meet this primary mission we strive to work towards the following goals and standards:
- To attain customer satisfaction to all those whom we serve by understanding their concerns.
- To take pride in our work, self, and in our relationships with each other and the community.
- To treat people fairly and uphold a level of professionalism with each other and recognize the importance of the individual and that each person is a valued member of the department as well as the organization.
- To provide for personal growth and career success.
To work together as a team to accomplish our daily tasks both departmentally and interdepartmentally.
INTEGRITY – DEDICATION – RESPECT