Refuse Changes 2018
Exciting changes are happening with our refuse service! With the assistance of Lucas County Sanitary Engineers Office, we have negotiated a fair and reasonable contract with ARS Refuse Service, Inc. to outsource refuse collection. ARS is a locally owned family business from Archbold, Ohio.
Refuse Outsourcing Summary:
- Collection Day: Mondays (with some holiday exceptions)
- Place your bagged refuse in carts (lid closed)
- Added Service: weekly curbside recycling pickup
- All recycling placed into one cart – no more sorting!
- Do NOT bag recyclables
- Two carts provided at no additional charge
- You will need to choose your cart size
- Monthly fee is $11.49 (subject to final Council decision)
- Four (4) unlimited curbside pickups per year at no additional cost
- At any time, large items can be disposed of by coordinating directly with ARS (fees may apply)
Carts will be delivered the week of May 7 – 12.
New service begins May 14.
The Village is dedicated to making this conversion as smooth as possible. Please contact Village staff (419.877.5383) with any questions at all—we’re happy to help!