Posting date: June 9, 2016
SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER – POLICE DEPARTMENT
Village of Whitehouse, Ohio
$18.25 an hour – Part-time Position
Part-time (35 hours per week): Sworn Law Enforcement Officer provides police services and enforces federal, state and local laws in and around Anthony Wayne Local School District area school campuses within the Village of Whitehouse, Ohio.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be an OPOTA certified police officer in good standing, and must successfully complete annual OPOTC Continuing Professional Training (CPT) requirements.
- Knowledge of modern law enforcement principles, procedures, techniques and equipment.
- Ability to relate and communicate with students, staff and members of the public in an educational environment and demonstrate the necessary tact and restraint within such environments.
- Ability to respond effectively to a high-stress crisis incident, which may include violence in and around schools.
- Ability to learn the applicable laws, ordinances and department rules and regulations; to perform work requiring good physical condition; to communicate effectively orally and in writing; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, peers and supervisors; to exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and in making decisions; to follow verbal and written instructions; to meet the special requirements listed below.
- Must be 21 years or older at the time of employment; must possess, or obtain at time of hire, a valid Ohio State driver’s license; felony convictions and disqualifying criminal histories within the past ten (10) years are not allowed; must be a United States citizen; must be of good moral character and pass a thorough background investigation, physical, drug testing and psychological examinations.
- This is a contract position, Monday through Friday, 8:00am-3:00pm, working the months of August to May/June, while school is in session.
- There are no medical/dental or additional benefits offered with this position.
SRO contributes into the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS)
All uniforms and equipment provided by the Whitehouse Police Department.
- Must attend all monthly department training sessions and successfully complete annual OPOTA mandated firearms qualification and CPT’s.
- Previous experience as a School Resource Officer or related position.
Applications, resume, cover letters, and proof of OPOTA certification will be accepted until June 8, 2016, at Village Hall, Village of Whitehouse, 6925 Providence St., Whitehouse, OH 43571. Applications are available in person at the Village Hall or online at whitehouseoh.gov/resources/jobs/
Additional requirements available on the Whitehouse Police Department webpage or in person at the Village Hall.
The Village of Whitehouse is an equal opportunity employer.