Our refuse service is outsourced to ARS Refuse Service, Inc., a locally owned family business from Archbold, Ohio. Please always feel free to contact them directly at 419-445-5391.
- Collection Day: Mondays (with some holiday exceptions)
- Place your refuse and recycling carts curbside no later than 7:00 AM the day of collection (not earlier than 5:00 PM the day prior)
- Refuse carts have a black lid, recycle carts have a yellow lid.
- Place your bagged refuse in carts (lid closed)
- Refuse & recycling collected each week.
- At any time, large items can be disposed of by coordinating directly with ARS (see Bulk Item Pricing)
- Monthly fee is $14.25
- To enable the Village to provide clean, efficient, safe waste collection the following guidelines and regulations must be observed:
(1) Container Requirements. The collection of refuse, recyclables and yard waste will be by contractor supplied 95 or 35 gallon wheeled carts. Trash and food waste should be contained in trash bags and not loose in the approved container (necessary to eliminate blowing papers and to minimize wild animal attractiveness).
(2) All approved containers may be placed at the designated collection point no sooner than 5:00 PM the day prior to collection. All approved containers and material shall be placed outside of any fence or other barrier along the curb or the property line, pavement or alleyway accessible to the contractor with the lids opening toward the street with a minimum of three (3) feet between each container and other objects.
(3) All approved containers are to be removed from streets and alleyways by 11 :59 p.m. on the day of collection.
(4) All approved containers shall be kept or placed behind the front building line and to not be visible from street view. They shall not be kept or placed upon the street, alley, sidewalk or other public places.
Please contact Village staff (419-877-5383) with any questions.
Bulk Item Collection Dates for 2023 will be on the following Saturdays:
• January 7 and 14 – drop off at Village Maintenance Garage, 11295 Waterville Street
• March 25 – curbside pick-up
• June 24 – curbside pick-up
• September 23 – curbside pick-up