Refuse Changes 2018
Exciting changes are happening with our refuse service! With the assistance of Lucas County Sanitary Engineers Office, we have negotiated a fair and reasonable contract with ARS Refuse Service, Inc. to outsource refuse collection. ARS is a locally owned family business from Archbold, Ohio.
Refuse Outsourcing Summary:
- Collection Day: Mondays (with some holiday exceptions)
- Place your bagged refuse in carts (lid closed)
- Added Service: weekly curbside recycling pickup
- All recycling placed into one cart – no more sorting!
- Do NOT bag recyclables
- Two carts provided at no additional charge
- You will need to choose your cart size
- Recommended monthly fee is $11.49 (subject to final Council decision)
- Four (4) unlimited curbside pickups per year at no additional cost
- At any time, large items can be disposed of by coordinating directly with ARS (fees may apply)
Conversion target date is May 2018. The Village is dedicated to making this conversion as smooth as possible. Please contact Village staff (419.877.5383) with any questions at all—we’re happy to help!
Choose your Refuse & Recycling Cart Size:
How to make your choice:
- Do nothing! If we don’t hear from you, you will automatically receive 95-gallon carts
- Order online
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 419.877.5383 or stop by the office to place your order in person
Make your cart selection by February 28, 2018.
*If you currently own a refuse cart purchased through the Village, they may not be compatible with the new service. Please contact Village staff at 419.877.5383 to learn about the reimbursement program.